It is best for a patient to follow the same illness through with the same Doctor if at all possible. Evening surgeries are primarily intended for those at work or at school who are unable to get to morning surgery.
Our Nurse Practitioner is available for minor illness of a short term nature. She is able to examine, diagnose and issue prescriptions.
Please note you are now able to book appointments to see your Doctor directly. Please call into the surgery with photographic identification (either passport or driving licence) and your Online Service Registration Details will be issued to you. Thank you.
Smoking is not permitted on practice premises.
No dogs except assistance dogs are permitted on practice premises.
We can usually offer you an appointment for routine problems within 24 hours but will always offer one within three working days of your request. If your problem cannot wait that long, you will be offered an appointment at the next available surgery but, in some cases, you may not be able to see your own Doctor. If the problem is of a more minor nature, our Nurse Practitioner is available for examination, diagnosis and treatment.
In some circumstances, you may be put through to the Doctor who may be able to help with a telephone consultation.
If the problem is genuinely urgent and no appointments are available, you will be "slotted in" as an extra for the current surgery. Please telephone the receptionist first so you can be advised of the best time to come, making the urgent nature of the consultation clear. Although it may be helpful to have some idea of what may be wrong, you are not required to discuss the specific nature of the problem with the receptionist.
An appointment system is in operation on the following telephone numbers :
- Mitchell Road 01202 772540
- To make the system work for everyone we need your co-operation.
- Please do not insist on being seen urgently with minor illnesses that could wait and where possible, please make use of our Nurse Practitioner service.
- Please inform the receptionist if you cannot keep or no longer need your appointment so that it can be offered to someone else.
- Please be on time.
- It is one appointment for each patient.
- Do not store multiple problems for one consultation slot.
- If you think your problem will need extra time ask the receptionist for a longer appointment.